I saw this wonderful, questionare on The Last Stitch website:http://thelaststitch.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-questionaire.html she is an interesting blogger who takes wonderful pictures and is always doing interesting things.
What's the yuckiest food you know? Whatever that science experiment was that I just threw away out of the back of the fridge. I have no idea what it used to be, don't want to know. I am not a very picky eater really, I like vegetables. One weird thing that I can't stand is peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, its too squishy and weird salty sweet.
1. The variety and focus of the work that I do in my current job. I examine the financial statements for all sorts of companies and it really isn't as boring as it sounds. For instance, did you know that Stuart Weitz. shoe company is 55% owned by the parent Co. of Jones Apparel?
2. The implied respect that comes with actually having letters behind your name. I'm pretty proud of being a CPA.
3. The logic. Yes, there is logic to accounting. 2+2=4, and it always will.
4. The view from my office window.
5. Job security. Companies will always need bean counters.
Do you have any regrets in life? Doesn't everyone? I wish I hadn't let my sister get between me and my mom. I wish I had had more fun growing up, you really can't go back.
Whatever. Its what you do with today that is important.
What are you going to wear this winter? Dresses, in spite of my office full of men. With my Cole Haan knee high boots from last Christmas. I want to make a leather skirt this year, they are all over the department stores.
Other than that, wait and see.
What is your most expensive piece of clothing? I have become quite a shoe diva. This happened when I started working across the street from Nordstrom. Kate Spade absolutely spoiled me. Yes you really can have a comfy pair of 3 1/2" heels. I have become quite a bargains shopper. The latest addition to my collection is a pair of patent leather Katie's that she called navy, but I swear are black. I got them for a steal (118) at 6pm.com. One of my favorite purchases is this pair of red pumps from Bettye Meuller.
Do you have any secret talents? If I told you, they wouldn't be a secret would they?
What did you do last weekend? My biggest accomplishment was getting most of the way done with my first fall dress Vogue 1206. It was a wonderful weekend!
1. Put pockets on that new dress so I can sneak out to the grocery store next door without having to carry my purse. Its together enough to be wearable now, but it needs some fit tweaking. You sewers know how that goes...The top of it looks really good:
2. I really need to go to the doctor and get my annual physical *UGH*
3. Finish analyzing the long term debt of a financial company called Platinum. Its one of those things that you call a learning experience!
4. Lose another few pounds. If you exercise that low carb thing really works, I shed 5 pounds last week.
5. Most importantly, get the A/C in my truck fixed! *UGH* it will probably cost the equivalent of 5 pairs of shoes.
What are you wearing now? Purchased jeans from Eddie Bauer which are about 2" too short and a silk jersey sleeveless shirt from that Vogue pattern that got tons of reviews a few years back. Its perfect for a middle aged Saturday night.
Last song you listened to? Not counting the songs that just happen to be playing when you get in the car... The last song that I deliberately listened to was from a Beatles anthology called Love that came out a few years ago.
Best beauty trick? Don't dress in denial, wear clothes that fit. Wearing things that are too tight doesn't make you look any skinnier. Wearing things that are too young doesn't make you look any younger.
Which clothes style do you prefer on men? What ever makes it easier for them to take the trash out... I'm not in the mood to not be snarky.
And ugliest? Refer to my prior comment about denial.
What magazines do you read? Burda, of course. I don't have a current subscription, but September was very impressive. I also like Bon Appetite. I am currently debating getting the ice-cream attachment for my Kitchen aid mixer so I am officially back in the mood to cook.
Now back to sewing. I have several things is the works for this fall, and if I can just keep my focus I will have a pretty fabulous wardrobe!
However, I can't find my camera, which really cuts down on my blogging and my reviewing.