here way back in May of 2008. Since then I have made several pairs at once in roughly bi-annual waves.
Last year I made a denim muslin not expecting it to fit at all. I loved it so much that I wore it out. I didn't serge the seams much (muslin-like) and I used regular C&C cotton corded poly. I almost wore them out. The CB seam came unraveled about 2 1/2" and I didn't notice it until I got to work.
Yep, my crack was showing.
Fortunately I get to work before most people and the only awkward moment was when I had to explain why I was leaving the bathroom carrying a stapler.
Have I ever mentioned that I hate muslins...
They always come around to bite me in the butt.
This years versions are an interesting study in how the weight and fiber content of fabric effects the fit and look of a garment. I am cutting 2 pairs in traditional dark blue denim, and 2 pairs in colored denim-like substance from Emma One Sock. The fiber content is 80% cotton approximately 18% NYLON and 2% lycra. It was described as light weight and its really more like shirt weight than pants weight. The look is COMPLETELY different. The lighter jade pair are just really kind of embarrassing. This pair is going to take a tunic or a longer shirt!
The darker pairs look fine, the cellulite wrinkles really don't show.
I finished the belt loops and hem this morning and wore them to work today. They paired nicely with a striped tank (RTW) and My coral short-sleeved jacket Marfy 2762.
I decided to join Flicker and the Me-Made-May sew-along that is so popular. With 4 new pairs of jeans, it should be a cinch. I will post more later.
"I, Becki Chitwood sign up as a participant to Me-Made-May'13. I endeavour to wear only me made garments (not including lingerie) for the duration of May 2013."
Pattern making: copying a complicated dress - In the interest of completeness I decided to do a blog post on this dress, which doesn't photograph very well at all but is interesting nonetheless. One of...
20 hours ago