Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Marfy 2155 progress, aka the thrill of sheer fabrics.


After a long, hard day at work, the last thing that I want to do is come home to sew those convoluted, unpredictable patterns! I love my Marfy's, straight out of the envelope with no muslin, no re-cutting, little guessing or letting it out later.
This is the fabulous twist sleeve shirt that I posted earlier.
I took this earlier, I also have the collar sewn on but didn't wait to take the picture. It is a stylish one with long lines and a tight neck curve. I might make this again in white just for the collar.
Because of the sheer nature of the fabric, I created a back yoke pattern by folding the pattern straight across the back right at the side back seam.
I will get the collar finished then maybe even the sleeves. The armhole looks encouraging, it doesn't gap or bag.
For tonight, I am ready to rest up for work tomorrow. Working with bright pink soft, smoothe fabric is good relaxation.

4 comments:

  1. That fit is straight out of the envelope? How cool is that! MARFY rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've convinced me!! When I get my stuff out of storage, I am trying a Marfy!!! You'll get to help me decide on the right size:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, straight out of the envelope? That's wonderful. I love this on you. The shape of the neckline and the side seam shaping is really flattering. The neckline seems a bit higher and narrower than I recall the drawing showing it to be. You have made it hug your neck and upper chest beautifully (I always have trouble with that part on blouses). Hope your acccounting battle goes well and you win not only the battle but also the war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a great fit right out of the envelope! And that neckline is so nice. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List