|PR Weekend group photo|
|Andrea and I in dual emerald|
You will have to admit, sewing can be a very solitary hobby if you let it. Even though I've only been to 2 pattern review weekends, both times I have met wonderful people from my own neighborhood.
Including my new twinkie Andrea.
2) Like minds meeting…
Hers is a Silhouette pattern, she muslined and still had a heck of a time with the sleeve cap.
Mine, Marfy 2286, no muslin… see the smile on my face!
|Looks and colors from AFW|
|Betty, myself and Kyle at AFW|
3) Fashion Show for Austin Fashion week. PR weekend coincided with Austin Fashion Week so we had a wonderful opportunity to watch the runway and be super catty. We posed for photos on the red carpet and cheer for the PR Weekend keynote speaker Daniel Esquival. I may have been biased by his rousing morning keynote speech and charming presence, but I really liked his look. He had such interesting tidbits and stories from his time on Project Runway season 11. It was fun to hear him talk about his background of practical experience and how it gave him an advantage on the show.
|Liberty of London silk satin|
6) The SWAG bag. I got a ton of free patterns. StyleArc sent almost a hundred free patterns for grab bags, door prizes and give always. I also scored a Deer and Doe, a wallet pattern, Jalie Tshirt and free Bernina coffee mug. If you are watching, Marfy, you could have really built some good PR. The Style Arc Ziggy jacket is just destined to be floral.
7) The food! Seriously yummy!
|Embroidery queen Leslie at Stitch Lab|
I also attended a sewing machine maintenance class. According to Stitch Lab machine maintenance expert, the best machine for reliability and maintenance is the Bernina 830, go figure!
9) The only place you can actually touch the clothes from those reviews! It was common to see new friends to introduce themselves by pattern number and fabric.
10) My sewing mojo! I found it. Maybe it was in the bottom of that martini glass, or during the organization presentation when I realized that my stash really isn't that bad. Either way, I found it. I'm back to my Marfy blouses and dresses. It also gave me perfect
|Here's to sewing friends!|
More details (and some of the pictures that I stole) can be found on the PR website. I had a wonderful time and I can't wait to see everyone again next year!