Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sewing Musings

I had a nice touch of spring waiting for me in the mailbox this morning. I love getting packages from Emma OneSock, she seldom disapoints. I am glad that I got the last practical fabric (hah, practical) before she was innundated with Christmas sparkles.

It is fabulous silk jersey which is my biggest vice. This lovely, substantial fabric can't wait until spring. It will be a knock out sweetheart top on any winter rainy day.

Hhmm, good chance of rain tomorrow, and I really can get a shirt done in a day.

As for winter:

There is a new sewing contest about sewing with wool starting November 1. I am thinking about this jacket which is Marfy 1245 in black and white houndstooth or birdseye with black sateen trim. The only thing that I would change is the lower sleeve piece, that just looks awkward.

Or, I could use this: In a normal, plain jacket pattern.
I am going to universal Fabrics this afternoon, I may come home with something completely different.
Good thing I have more than a week to decide!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous jacket. I am really looking forward to seeing this one made up. Also looking forward to seeing what you pick up on your fabric shopping trip. Your silk jersey is lovely btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful jacket. Hope you make it, would love to see it made up.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List