Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Marfy Monthly Challenge -February


Marfy 1642 from 2008
Oh Marfy I have missed you so...
Life's been busy with job from hell, world travels and remodeling. I'll provide more details on that later.
I've reorganized my sewing spaces and now I'm ready to get some sewing done.

I'm back to sewing due in large part to challenges from SewToFit.

SewToFit Marfy Challenge on YouTube

The first Saturday of each month we are live on YouTube to reveal and discuss our Marfy make from the previous month as well as have a live poll to chose the patterns for the next month.

I also snuck in a little fit help from Ms Sew To Fit, Andrea is my Fit Goddess! She did the fit for my jeans pattern so she's the one I go to for perfection.

The challenge for February was blouses so we picked this super versatile blouse from 2008.

I like the versatility of this blouse from dressy casual to professional and perfect for Houston's climate.

Lovable Details:
  • CELL PHONE WORTHY POCKETS!
  • Fabulous lapels, so chic
  • Curvy shoulders for a broad shoulder angle
  • Breezy sleeveless for long hot summer
This pattern is available on the Marfy website here in sizes 42, 44, and 46. I ordered a 46.

Marfy 2762
This pattern measurements for this 46:
  • Bust: 39"
  • Waist: 34"
  • Hips: 44 1/2"
I started my fitting process by comparing the fit to another favorite, similar silhouette Marfy 2762 blogged here. Currently its about 2" too small.  I lay the pieces for 1642 on the old jacket and matched the seams and confirmed the sizing,  I decided to add an inch to the length above the waist.

You can see from the layout of the pattern below how well the details match the pattern sketch provided. The lines of the waist seam and the upper and lower side front and back.

I planned my construction steps and made sure to mark the pattern number and size on each pattern piece (they don't come with these marked).


Marfy 1642 pinned with Marfy 2762
The gorgeous lapis fashion fabric is 100% linen from Sew Much Fabric. Its described as dress/jacket weight and she has it in ta wide range of vibrant colors that are perfect for the transition to spring.

The jacket is unlined and the seams serged for time.
I could've done a Hong Kong finish, but in cleaning my sewing room out I found so many, MANY projects 90% done that I out grew before finishing and I'm really in the mod to get stuff done and wear it!

I used fusible weft from Fashion Sewing Supply on the under collar and front facing. I usually use fusible interfacing on the entire body of a linen jacket, but I think this is crisp enough to wear well without it or lining.




I love this pattern, the matching points are well marked and the construction is much more simple than it looks.

Basically you sew the side tops together with their side bottoms, then join them with the center front and center back pieces.  Even the center front easily sews straight down to that pocket lining making the perfect fabulous pocket.

I cut the upper collar on the bias without noticing that the instructions stamped on the pattern. I'm an absent minded rebel like that.

I can't wait to sew this again. I want to do it in a proper suiting fabric with the topstitching trim.
If I use anything wool I'll have to draft a lining for it and figure out how to finish those armholes...

Next month its jackets and the viewers chose 5062, so more on that next post.


More gratuitous pics courtesy of Andrea SewToFit


Marfy 1642 back seams lookin good


Marfy 1642 pockets


Marfy 1642 front seaming detail shot






11 comments:

  1. It's all very beautiful Becki. Welcome back to the blog scene. I too understand the problems with all the incomplete projects. I guess the "extra" details are what slow us down. It is my pleasure working with you! The blouse is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this pattern for several years and your beautiful version, love the color, reminded that it would be a good top to make for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Audrey, its simple with no sleeves to test,this is the time of year for it.

      Delete
  3. Argh, your life could be mine, except I'm about 5 months behind (and hoping to have my sewing space set up again in May!). Love this pattern on you - those pockets are the best! The design lines around the pockets are one of my favourite things about Marfy. Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete
  5. This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

    -Phone hacks (remotely)
    -Credit repair
    -Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
    -Make money from home (USA only)
    -Social media hacks
    -Website hacks
    -Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
    -Grade change
    -funds recovery

    Email: onlineghosthacker247@ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSTEAD OF BITCOIN INVESTMENT SCAM WHY DON'T YOU CONTACT MR OSCAR FOR A REAL BLANK ATM CARD
    oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com or whats-app +1(513)-299-8247.


    My name is Morgan Williams am from Alabama United State,this is so real and wonderful, at first i thought is a scam , because have been scam by several people claiming they can help me invest my money in bitcoin trading , that is how i lost my $25,000 last week on investment , but with the help of Mr Oscar White Blank ATM Card oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com , i was able to withdraw $50,000 from ATM machine without trace more than the money i lost last week , indeed Mr Oscar your Blank ATM card is real and genuine , i will keep telling people about you as i promise to do , if you are in any financial problem to pay up bills and start up a new life , kindly contact Mr Oscar white on how you can obtain his Blank ATM card , he does not charge big , trust him and contact him today through email oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com or whats-app +1(513)-299-8247.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM
    Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email
    oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com
    whatsapp..+1(510)-777-9243 or call/Text him +1(510)-984-6924

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MONEY TO BINARY OPTION SCAM OR ANY ONLINE SCAM WHATSOEVER?.DO YOUR DESIRE CREDIT REPAIR[EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN, TRANSUNION? WELL, YOU HAVE FOUND REDEMPTION.


    BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS looking to hoax.
    if you have been a VICTIM, contactEmail:creditcards.creditscoreupgrade@gmail.com
    whatsapp:+1(437) 536-6082 for directives.
    Here, it's always a win for you.

    ��OUR SERVICES��
    ∆Binary Option funds recovery
    ∆Social media hack
    ∆Recovery of loan scam
    ∆Credit repair (Equifax,Experian,Transunion)
    ∆Email hack
    ∆College score upgrade
    ∆Android & iPhone Hack
    ∆Website design
    ∆Website hack
    ∆And lots more.
    We have specially programmed ATMs that can be used to withdraw money at ATMs, shops and points of sale. We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers all over the world, the cards have a withdrawal limit every week.

    CONTACT INFO:
    Email:creditcards.creditscoreupgrade@gmail.com
    whatsapp:+1(437) 536-6082
    Copyright ©️ 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m Joseph from New Jersey, United States. I lost my job a few months back after my divorce with my wife. I tried everything positive to make sure I took good care of my kids but all failed, and I was in debt which makes everything worse. I was kicked out of my home and i had to live with my neighbor after pleading with her to allow me to stay with her for some days while I figured out how to get a home which she agreed to, but no one was willing to help anymore. I bumped into this page from google and I was excited about this, then I contacted the hackers James Leo . I had just $200, so I pleaded with them to help me because of my condition but they never accepted. I believed in this, so I managed to pawn a few things and got $500. I ordered the $10,000 card and I got my card delivered to me by Ups 4 days later. I never believed my eyes! I was excited and upset as well, I managed to withdraw $2000 on the ATM and $2500 the second day. I went to Walmart and a grocery store and bought a couple of things for $3000. The card got blocked the third day and I contacted them and I was told it's a mistake from my end. I’m so happy, I have started all over again and have a good apartment with my kids you can contact him through is via email (cyberatmhackingservice@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List