|Free Marfy 0303|
I like the front. The neckline hugs without pulling.
The peak of the crossover looks nice.
I serged and turned under the hem and it curled.
It curled and curled and curled. I swear its about an inch longer (and needs to be) when it isn't curled.
They best way that I found to keep knits flat for sewing is spray starch.
|Spray 'sizing' on the left, starch on the right|
The down side is that you have to give yourself enough time to make a couple of passes and let it dry between starching.
The right edge of the pieces is interfaced with fusible tricot.
BTW, I ended up taking about an inch out of the fullness because it bunched.
|Interior, interfacing in the middle, clear elastic at the neck|
Insides as finished:
- interfacing on the center seam
- clear elastic on the neckline
- armholes were turned under and stitched
OK, the arms are a little unstable and gapey. I should have used interfacing there I guess. They do stretch a little.
I also used the terrific precision seaming zigzag method. I'll post more on that later.